THE BLACKBURN REPORT

News and Opinion Based on Facts

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lord, Protect My Child

I don't know if Patrick's mother reads this Blog or not.
If she does, I ask her to think about the wonderful life Patrick can have with the people he is with now.
He will have everything he wants in life.
He will have much more than we could ever give him.
Please, let Patrick have a happy life.

Here's a poem from Bob Dylan that kind of mirrors
How I feel.






For his age, he is wise,
He's got his mother's eyes,
There's gladness in his heart,
He's young and he's wild ,
My only prayer is, if I can't be there,
Lord, protect my child,
As his youth now unfolds ,
He is centuries old,
Just to see him at play makes me smile,
No matter what happens to me,
No matter what my destiny,
Lord, protect my child,
While the world is asleep,
You can look at it and weep,
Few things you find are worthwhile,
And though I don't ask for much,
No material things to touch,
Lord, protect my child,
He's young and on fire ,
Full of hope and desire,
In a world that's been raped, raped and defiled,
If I fall along the way ,
And can't see another dayLord, protect my child,
There'll be a time I hear tell,
When all will be well,
When God and man will be reconciled,
But until men lose their chains,
And righteousness reigns
Lord, protect my child.



0 Comments: