THE BLACKBURN REPORT

News and Opinion Based on Facts

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

kudos to Salmon Rushdie


Salmon Rushdie, as most of us know, has been the victim of a Fatwa, the Islamic version of the Lifetime Achievement Award, that most of us could only hope to earn.
I more than likely despise Islam more than Rushdie, so where’s my Fatwa?

But all seriousness aside, the man is an incredible writer, some say, (and I agree) a genius.
My top pick from his writings is , “The Ground Beneath Her Feet” a surrealistic yet engrossing story of the love between two rock stars.
"I am thrilled and humbled to receive this great honour and am very grateful that my work has been recognised in this way," the new knight said.
He deserves it, and it tends to make the cretins who issued the “Fatwa” look rather fatuous as well.
That's his wife in the photo BTW, do you wonder why he is smiling?

0 Comments: