THE BLACKBURN REPORT

News and Opinion Based on Facts

Monday, June 22, 2009

Neda Will Live Forever




I considered posting the footage of Neda's murder here, but I cannot watch it right now.
I was deeply and profoundly disturbed when I saw the footage of the young lady, cut down in
the prime of life, the way she died, butchered by religious criminals.
She was so pretty, so full of life, the world watched as the life flowed from her body.
I heard an Iranian recently say, "There are women in Iran that are so brave, so filled with power to change the world and society, we call them Lioness."
Neda Soltan was a Lioness.
I could barely watch the video, it haunts me. Such a lovely young girl, targeted by a
sniper, a "religious" Muslim.
Why her?
She was wearing Jeans.
No burka.
She desired freedom for her people.
Shot in the chest.
The sniper will die in an unremarkable grave.
Unknown, not missed.

Neda Soltan will live forever in our hearts, as a symbol of the courage of women, and all people who sacrifice for freedom.
"Let's make dust our paper and with rainy
eyes write sorrow upon the bosom of the earth."
I can hardly see to write these words, my eyes are filled with tears.

My deepest sympathy to her family, and though filled with sorrow, they should be proud of her.
Roger Cohen reported that the Basij stole Neda's body and buried her in an unmarked grave.
The family was not allowed to attend her service, which only 60 Iranians were able to attend.
The thugs in Iran can kill a freedom fighter, but they can't kill the fight for freedom.

There will be statues of her, and photographs and paintings on walls in homes and edifices
around the world, long after the Ayatollahs have gone to Hell for eternity.

0 Comments: