THE BLACKBURN REPORT

News and Opinion Based on Facts

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse In Black




I loved Amy Winehouse.
I never met her face to face, but It seemed I knew her, from her videos, from her music, and our souls intertwined.  
Her music and her persona merged, her life was a work of art, surrealistic like a painting by Dali or an organ driven chant by Dylan.
I had just ended a 10 year relationship when first I heard Amy singing ” You Know That I’m No good”.
The point was that she WAS good, but couldn’t express why, or find fulfillment in her love life.           
Well, that was part of what she was saying.
It’s hard to write anything about her just now; it’s difficult to see the keyboard through my tears.        
It’s hard just to think about her being gone.
Tears  of shock and pain and loss are being felt around the world.
Rest in peace, dear Amy Winehouse, and may flights of angels sing you to your rest.
Love,
Michael

0 Comments: