THE BLACKBURN REPORT

News and Opinion Based on Facts

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Just waiting for a train

This is my regular Monday night, Tuesday morning blog.

Hello, everybody.
Thanksgiving is gone.
I'm not a big turkey fan.
Its cheap, but , I don't exactly anticipate eating it with a lot of relish.
Or without relish, for that matter.

Something kind of funny on cable access tonight.
There is an Islamic group that puts up video whenever they can, they don't preach on it, which is sensible since most Americans really don't want to hear from the Quoran crowd..they mostly show beautiful slides from the Hubble telescope, and they do a video of Cat Stevens "peace train" at the end of which they show a photo from him in the seventies, looking pretty cool, and a photo of him now, since he became a Muslim, looking quite a bit like Bin Laden.

Well, I was talking about thanksgiving.
I had smoked hot links and all the trimmin's.
Very tasty.
They were beef hot links.
Hebrew National.

I had things to be thankful for.
I am thankful that I have had so many beautiful children, and, life being filled with a balance of factors, I am thankful for their Mothers as well.
I am thankful for the friends I've had, only too aware that they were all basically as flawed as I am, and really, everyone else is too.
I guess I should be glad that life is still challenging, although I was thinking today about how most people are retired at my age, and it is probably a good age to retire, not that I can.


Channukah and Christmas are coming up.
Yeeehaw!
As Howard Dean once said.

I hope to put up some autobiographical stuff soon.

Good luck, everyone.

0 Comments: